So They Can is a not-for-profit organisation registered in Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Tanzania and the United States.
We partner with communities and their governments in Kenya and Tanzania to educate and empower children and their families, so they can break the poverty cycle, realise their own potential and meet their own needs. We take a holistic approach to ensure our model is sustainable and we are meeting the critical needs of the communities we partner with.
- Educate 1080 children at Aberdare Ranges Primary School in Nakuru, Kenya
- Provide a nurturing home for 120 orphaned and vulnerable children at the Miti Mingi Village
- Educate and provide loans to women facing extreme poverty through our Micro Finance Business School
- Support a community medical centre that services the wider Nakuru community of 20,000
- Operate a Teachers’ Training College in a remote rural part of Tanzania to address a serious teacher deficit in schools
- Partner with 37 schools in vulnerable communities to improve the education and child well-being of over 24,000 students
- Work together with local communities to establish numerous social businesses to create jobs and generate funds
Visit www.sotheycan.org find out more about So They Can's projects and how you can get involved.